Monday, June 25, 2012

The beach


This post was initially intended to be posted like 5 days ago, so yeah.

The past few days haven’t been too exciting, mostly we’ve just been job searching and hanging out with some people. However, I did get to go to the beach.
We stopped by a harbor at first which was really cool. I know they have this sort of stuff back home, but I never really did anything like it. So it was pretty fun, except for I had a constant fear of dropping my phone and it falling through the floor and into the ocean.

After that, we drove up the coast over to a real beach, which was pretty nice. It was very cold, so we didn’t bother getting into the ocean, but we got to walk around in the sand. There were actually a bunch of people surfing, which was pretty neat.


I just wish it was a little bit warmer (it was probably like 56-58 degrees that day). Ideally, there will be a warm day next week so we can go to the beach again. I still have some fear of sharks and deadly jellyfish though…


Since it has been 5 days, a few more things have happened:

On Thursday, additionally, I did get to go to Sam’s house and borrow his very old and very cheap guitar. I had to restring it, but now it sounds amazing. Just kidding, but it’ll do. It’s kept me somewhat busy during down time.

On Friday night, Sam and I intended to go to his friend’s house for a movie night. Sam thought it would be a cool idea to walk, since she only lived like a half hour walk away. Unfortunately, Sam also doesn’t know how to use a map, and we ended up walking around for almost 2 hours, ending up a few miles from where we were trying to get before his friends had to come pick us up. We probably would’ve never found our way to their house, too.

On Saturday night, we went back to the harbor and went out for pizza at Little Caesar’s, which is nothing like Little Caesar’s in America. Here they sold really fancy pizzas. We got a chicken fettuccini pizza and it was, surprisingly, really good. After that we ate churros and hot chocolate at San Churros. I got a “Classic Spanish” hot chocolate, which I assumed just meant it would be regular hot chocolate with some Spanish twist, but actually it was just pretty much a thick chocolaty paste that was pretty much the texture of pudding. It was actually really good, just way too thick and way too sweet. Sorry for the lack of pictures here.

Every day since has just been regular days, except for that I spent all of Monday turning in resumes and online applications to no avail. I forgot how much I hated job searching. Monday morning I did get to Skype with the fam and I got this gem:


No comments:

Post a Comment